Monday, May 6, 2013

Jackson Hole and Grand Teton

We drove 33 miles into town to see a movie and go to a bar with a band.  The bar was the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar.  I love that place.  They had a lot of displays of western life, displays of buffalo hunting, including guns, scenes from cowboy activity, saddles for seats....  And the band was pretty good too.  Add locally brewed beer.  I love that place.

I probably stared at this display for a half hour.  A wolf and a Big Horn Sheep.  I was impressed.
It rained that nigh, next morning it had cleared up and was beautiful day.  We went for a hike up around Jenny Lake. The scenery was awesome.

Of course there was still plenty of snow around.
With wet cold feet we trudged on, until we came across this little girl.

Very young, maybe a yearling...  She was not concerned with us at all.  I can't believe she let me get that close. More pretty scenery.
On the way home we spotted this fellow on the hunt, still can't decide whether he is a wolf or coyote, or cross breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment