Friday, May 3, 2013

Hyrum State Park and Logan Canyon

The road from Salt Lake City to the Grand Teton National Park was a little over 300 miles of mountain highway, so we decided to break the drive up a bit by stopping off near Logan, Utah.  Hyrum State Park is a pretty little campground on the edge of a lake.

There was a late spring storm, it snowed and inch while we were there, gone by 10am.  It was a good thing we delayed, the road into Grand Teton got 5 inches of new snow.  While in Logan I got my new motorcycle helmet.  Hopefully the radios will work better with this one. 

We also did a climb on the First Practice Wall. It was windy and cold, but we had fun anyway.
 
We set up on the anchors for route 1, Barb traversed over to route 2 for a while, then finished up on 1.  I took an easier route to the left, not shown here. 

I sure will be glad when I get my cameras fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment